In this post, we’ll cover how to mix OdoBan® Disinfectant and Odor Eliminator concentrate with water to make a disinfectant use-solution spray. When used as directed on the label, OdoBan is an EPA registered disinfectant for hard, nonporous surfaces.
Maybe you just purchased your first gallon of OdoBan® Disinfectant and Odor Eliminator concentrate, or maybe you’ve used OdoBan® concentrate before and just need a quick refresher.
If you haven’t used OdoBan before, we know you’ll love it. OdoBan cleans, disinfects, freshens, and eliminates odors. Additionally, OdoBan is incredibly economical. One gallon of OdoBan concentrate makes over seventy 32-ounce spray bottles with disinfecting solution!
To get started, here’s what you’ll need:
- OdoBan® Disinfectant and Odor Eliminator concentrate
- Fresh, clean spray bottle (we use a standard 32-oz. bottle for these instructions)
- Measuring cup (not for food use)
- Plain tap water
If you have a bottle of our OdoBan Ready-to-Use spray, we don’t recommend refilling that bottle. Instead, use a new, clean plastic spray bottle and be sure to label it so you don’t forget what it is. You can find free printable secondary labels on our website.
A few other quick safety reminders:
- Never mix OdoBan® with any cleaning products or chemicals.
- Always use OdoBan® only as directed on the label.
- Label your OdoBan® use-solutions with a secondary label.
- Don’t measure OdoBan® with measuring cups used for food and drink.
To make an OdoBan® disinfecting spray use-solution for use against viruses, bacteria, and fungi (see our label or product page for a full list of disinfecting claims), you’ll want to mix 7 ounces of OdoBan® concentrate per gallon of water.
To make a disinfectant spray in a 32-ounce bottle, you’ll want to mix 1.75 ounces of OdoBan® concentrate with water.
How to Make a Disinfecting Spray Solution (32-oz. bottle) with OdoBan® Concentrate
- Measure 1.75 ounces of OdoBan® concentrate in a measuring cup, not used for food and drink. If you can’t measure exactly this amount, measure a little more rather than a little less.
- Carefully pour the measured OdoBan® concentrate into a clean, fresh spray bottle.
- Fill the remainder of the spray bottle with plain tap water.
- Seal the spray bottle tightly.
- Label the spray bottle.
Subscribe on YouTube for OdoBan Videos
OdoBan freshens and softens laundry. Here’s how to use OdoBan in your washing machine.